At the end this post I have also linked a Google slide template where I will post assignments. I will post the link each week on here and via email so you can see you child's work for each week. I will also try posting this link to our Google Classroom so students may know their assignments as well.
Please let me know of any questions or concerns. I am looking forward to our first Zoom meeting!
March, 16th, 2020
Dear Third and Fourth grade families,
I hope you all enjoyed the three day weekend!
In preparation for “remote learning”, coming home this week students will have their math binders, a chapter book we will read as a class/group, Get Oregonized textbook and social studies newspaper. Below I have included information on what platforms we will be using during this “remote learning period”.
The packets that came home last week and this week are materials to have on hand. Please ONLY complete work I assign each week (this is not meant to be a packet to complete as fast as you can). After this remote learning period, I will be collecting all unfinished/uncompleted work.
These next few weeks we will be exploring some online platforms for our remote learning that will facilitate class discussions and share our learning for the time we cannot meet at school.
Last week your child was sent home with three passwords for: Google account (Google Classroom), Freckle Math/ELA, and Stemscopes (Science Curriculum). We will be using these sites throughout the school year with various activities.
As of this week we will be also be utilizing:
- Zoom- this is a program that will allow me to video conference as a whole class or with your child individually (if needed/requested). This will be where we have class meetings/check-ins, lesson demonstrations or a time to answer questions on work.
- With Zoom we will have a daily class meeting at 2pm. This week we will meet Tuesday the 17th to Thursday the 19th only, at 2pm.
- *The 2pm time may change based on student/family availability (as well as my schedule with a toddler at home).
- This access link will be posted to our Google classroom but you can click it here as well.
- FlipGrid- This a social learning platform that allows teachers to ask students questions and students can respond with a picture or video. Students' posts are public to the class, this will create another platform for our class discussions. Students can respond to questions/posts anytime, unlike the Zoom meeting which is scheduled.
- Your child will log on in our Google Classroom and go to the link (which is also listed below) each day I assign a Flig grid question. (For now we will use this once or twice a week until we get the hang of it!).
- Access link: https://flipgrid.com/montanez1919
- Access link (For Religion- Which will start after Spring Break): https://flipgrid.com/f9f67946
- EPIC- a way to read books at home if you don’t have them/no access to a library. You should have received an email from me this weekend which sent an access email link. Below is the link and our class code for signing up.
- Class Code: keu0422
All Assignments given at the beginning of the week will be due on Friday by 3pm.
To monitor work and best help students, I am asking that once your child completes a paper assignment of math, spelling connections or handwriting, that they/or you email a picture of it to me.
I can be reached by email daily (Mon.-Fri.) from 2:30-3pm.
*This time may change depending on my schedule and families schedules.
Thank you for your patience, flexibility and grace during this time! This will be new learning for all of us and together we can help each other along the way. I will be sending out weekly emails that will list assignments for each week. Please email me with any questions or concerns! I look forward to our first Zoom meeting at 2pm tomorrow.
- Mrs. Montanez
Assignments for 3/17-3/19:
Same assignments listed above are in the following Google Slide Link: